Okay, I guess we can’t really promise never. But there are definitely things you can do to become indispensable at your job, make your boss love you so much that he or she would never want to lose you, and increase your job security.
This week, we scoured the web to find some of the best advice out there to keep you happily employed.
- Think you’re already indispensable at work? Make sure you’re not fooling yourself. (Fast Company)
- Start with this ultimate guide for making sure they can never fire you. (Lifehacker)
- Think about ways you can become the MVP of your team. (Black Enterprise)
- Even if your skills are all in order, your attitude about work could be putting your job at risk. (Brazen Life)
- See if you have these five skills that will make you indispensable at your job. (Come Recommended)
- For true job security, make sure plenty of people at your company trust you. (Inc.)
- You should also be working hard to keep your bossing thinking that you’re the best employee ever. (Forbes)
- Of course, despite your efforts, the worst can still happen to anyone. So keep yourself prepared just in case. (Market Watch)
Want more? Check out some of our great articles on keeping your job!
Impending layoffs can turn even the best office into a stressful environment. Here’s how to come out of the next round of pink slips with your sanity intact—and hopefully your job, too.
It’s no secret that being on your boss’ good side can be important for your career, so it’s worth putting in extra effort to make sure your relationship is strong. Here’s how to show that you’re a dedicated, proactive, got-your-back type of employee.
Photo courtesy of Fuse / Thinkstock.
How to choose your career