Making the decision to start your own company is no easy feat—and that’s only the first of many hurdles you’ll face as an entrepreneur.
If you’re considering starting your own venture—or have committed to it and are in the early stages of turning your idea into reality—we’re here to help. Check out the links below for some great thoughts on how to decide if it’s the right step for you and some resources to help you out along the way.
- Before jumping into anything, make sure you’re clear on the basic pros and cons of starting a business. (Come Recommended)
- Consider whether you’re at a good time in your life to be an entrepreneur. (LinkedIn)
- And think about if you have the right attributes to work through everything involved in starting and running a company. (The Next Web)
- Read what this entrepreneur wishes he knew before he got started. (Quick Sprout)
- Finally, really think through your decision with this list of 60 questions to ask yourself. (Under30CEO)
- Ready to get going? Start with this ultimate cheat sheet for starting and running your own business. (TechCrunch)
- Keep this master checklist by your side as you navigate getting your business off the ground. (.docstoc)
- Consider joining one of these start-up incubators to provide support along the way. (Forbes)
Want more? Check out some of our great entrepreneurship articles!
So you’ve found a problem that you’re passionate about tackling, and you’re feeling ready to make a go of it as an entrepreneur. But first, take these three steps to make sure you give yourself and your business your best chances of success.
You have a great business idea, but how do you know if it’s strong enough to plough ahead? Or invest? Or quit your day job? There’s certainly no science to it, but there are some things that help make the decision easier.
Photo of man thinking courtesy of Shutterstock.
How to choose your careerNot sure what career path to follow? Or considering different paths? Let CareerAdvisorDaily publisher David Crays guide you. Available at Amazon.com Check it out here