Are you one of those people who never manage to take a vacation? Your PTO just piles up and piles up—and maybe you regularly lose it when the end of the year comes. Maybe you even know that you should take a vacation, but you just feel like you can’t leave work for that long.
I’m here to tell you that it’s high time to break that habit and plan your next vacation. And to help you do just that, I’ve gathered the best resources from around the web reminding you why actually taking time off is so important to your sanity and your career, and how to do it—even it you’re the busiest person in the world.
- Trying to convince your boss (and yourself) that a vacation would be good for the bottom line? Check out these sound business reasons to take some time off. (Fast Company)
- Or is guilt of leaving work behind holding you back? Read about why it might be your ethical obligation to get away for a while. (Bloomberg)
- Even if you have a hectic job, there are ways to take a fulfilling vacation. (U.S. News)
- See what you can learn from the busiest startup CEOs about getting away from it all (or as away as possible). (Under30CEO)
- Just make sure to be strategic about when you take your vacation for optimal enjoyment. (Scott Berkun)
- And think hard about how long your trip will be—turns out 10 days may be the perfect amount of time. (Forbes)
- Or, if you’re looking for something longer, consider planning a sabbatical-style career break. (Lifehacker)
- If you’re looking to completely disconnect during your break, learn how to do it right. (Gizmodo)
Want more? Check out some of our great articles on taking the time off you deserve.
Thinking about lining up vacation for the holidays, but nervous about asking your new boss for the time off? Here’s the memo on handling this process with poise.
More and more companies are offering their employees unlimited vacation time—but what does that really mean?
Photo courtesy of Shutterstock and Thinkstock.
Read the book that started it all. Written by David Crays, publisher of CareerAdvisorDaily.com, the book “From the Classroom to the Boardroom: How i got there (and how you can too!)” teaches you how to create a career you can be proud of. David teaches you from the moment you decide your career matters how to make the choices that are right for you. Exclusively on Amazon.com